The Bruce Grey Data Information Sharing Collaborative (BGDISC) is a collective of not-for-profit, social service, government, health and education organizations that seek to mobilize community decision-makers to share vital local rural data to better inform regional programming, polices, funding and social services to support prosperity, sustainability and the well-being of the community.
Good collaboration leads to efficiency, breaks down silos, and leads to economy of scale and increased funding opportunities. Having access to relevant Bruce Grey evidence-informed reports and data will positively inform solutions, decision-making, advocacy and sense-making of complex systems and concepts. A robust data system will respond to the public demand for increased accountability and transparency.
Our Vision: Data assists well-informed decision-making, contributing to prosperity and well-being for the community of Bruce Grey.
The following organizations form the steering committee for BGDISC:
- Four County Market Labour Planning Board (Lead Agency)
- Grey County
- Bruce County
- Community Foundation Grey Bruce
- Grey Bruce Health Unit
- United Way Bruce Grey
- Bruce Grey Children's Alliance
Soft Launch Presentations
On November 20th, 2017, we presented our work and our vision to community partners and potential stakeholders. Here are the presentations from that day:
- Open Data in Our Organizations. A discussion on the importance of data to government and public institutions, and the rise of open data.
- Open Data Guelph. Work on the development and governance of Guelph's open data initiatives.
- Open Data in Grey County. A presentation originally made to Grey County Council highlighting the importance of open data for governments.